Cats are notoriously good at hiding illness, but the Health Indicator will alert you days before your cat shows more obvious signs of being unwell. The crystals react with the urine of the cat and will result in a colour change of the litter on the spot where the cat urinated. Monitoring your cat by Health Indicator will provide early detection of potential health problems, allowing a quicker diagnosis & therefore quicker treatment.
Key Features/ Benefits:
- Detects anomalies in urine and tells you when your cat needs to visit the vet
- Alerts pet parents on potential health problems such as cystitis, bladder stones, urethral plugs and bladder infections
- Works with ALL sorts of cat litter
- Net Weight: 200g
Directions of Use:
- Once a month after refilling your cat's litter box spread the entire contents of this bag HEALTH INDICATOR® evenly across the top of the litter.
- A short moment after your cat uses the litter box compare the color of the crystals at the urination spot to the colors on the chart below. The normal color, when urine is added to the litter, is either light- to dark yellow. Should any other color become visible, immediately contact your vet (abnormally discolored litter should be removed with a plastic cup, or spoon).
- After completing the test stir the HEALTH INDICATOR® into the regular litter where it will help eliminate odors.
- Homes with multiple cats should separate the cats so each cat has its own litter box with HEALTH INDICATOR®.
- lf your cat typically digs prior to urinating; empty litter box and spread contents of HEALTH INDICATOR® evenly across the litter box. After completing the test, refill box with regular litter.
- A life-threatening condition occurs when a cat cannot urinate. The complete blockage of their urethra (tubular passage from the bladder) can be caused by a small bladder stone, crystalluria, or a tumor. lf you see your cat is distressed it is critical for you to contact your cat's veterinarian even if the HEALTH INDICATOR® has not shown any abnormal colors.
- Familiarize yourself with the common signs of feline illnesses and monitor your cat daily.
- HEALTH INDICATOR® is for "at home diagnosis" and should be NOT NEVER used as a substitute for veterinary care! If you feel your cat is having health or urinary problems but the litter does not change color, CONTACT YOUR VETERINARIAN.
- HEALTH INDICATOR® cannot detect every urinary abnormality. Only your vet will be able to undertake such a diagnosis.
- Cat faeces can transmit a disease called toxoplasmosis. Pregnant, nursing, or persons with a suppressed immune system should use caution & thoroughly wash hands after handling soiled litter.